keen kidney beeeaaans

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Strange overtones



Something I spent the weekend on - oddly therapeutic and totally calming. I have an addiction to circular forms and the centered mirror and sequins were a perfect fit for the design. The first time I've ever embroidered anything so it's not perfect but I have yonks of time to practice!
This little pouch was part of a gift to one of the most awesome gals I know :)
You'll definitely be seeing more embroidery in my next garments to come..

Spent Monday at the Biennale (MCA and Cockatoo Island). The MCA probably had a more impressive display - and I think the space of the rooms captured that a lot better than the display at Cockatoo Island.








New hardware for my fingaz



My favourite thing in the evening.


7 comments:

AMBER CALLANAN said...

I would buy one of those hand embroidered bags in a second!

animalismblog.blogspot.com

Miss_Daike said...

may your dog rest in peace<3

♥ Cassandra (Backtofive) said...

Love the nail design!

May your dog rest in peace! :(

backtofive.blogspot.com
backtofive.blogspot.com
backtofive's twitter

Wendy San said...

Beautiful embroidery! Inspiring me to do something of my own! :)Haha I wish I could do that in my bathtub! You're just amazing overall. Oh the poor baby :( may your dog rest in peace ♥

Mani said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! May he rest in peace

Fox and Freckle said...

Dying of envy over those nails. Also envious of the laptop and bath combo! x

kirstyb said...

loving the nails