keen kidney beeeaaans

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Creams





So I made it out the the marking room alive! And I really can't believe it's over..
I'm so happy with the result, and I got so much positive feedback from the teachers in terms of styling and the garment itself. I'm holding my breath for my garment to be picked for the end of year show too.

The brief was Indian Summer - and we were to use only natural fabrics, neutrals and our fabric print had to be charcoal. Also there had to be at least one print (border, all-over or placement) and a texture (mine was piping cord on the shoulders with mirrors embroidered throughout)

For her face, I added a pop of neon pink under her eyes just because I can't resist a little bit of colour!


DETAILS





Some recent purchases. Really loving the Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm and the 9 to 5 cleanser from Lush. Both products smell amazing and I love how I can be lazy to the point where I don't need water to use the cleanser. Genius.


My class is the greatest. Basically everyone has a huge personality and you can definitely tell when one person is missing. I've only known them for half a year but it feels like forever and we are so tight.




I am finally semi-free from the crazy 3am nights of sewing
I'm so ready to start sewing for myself and for summer

9 comments:

mel said...

I am so so happy for you that they loved your garment, they would be insanely crazy not to, sewing is perfection, and everything, the design, hang, drape, print and detailing, and styling is amazing!! i could go on forever hahah i am legit frothing xxx

YAN.C said...

Really great job vanessa! what you designed was so appealing :) honestly looks more interesting then some of the stuff i saw at fashion week

Samantha S. said...

looks heaps great vanessa! i am loving your creation. x

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

the garment is gorgeous, well done you. I love the make up on the model as well! x

JoshuaMaxwelldeHoog said...

your garment looks so amazing! well done!

Floralist said...

Thanks guys!! You are all so so lovely.
Mel, you are insane, your garments and designs are crazy good!!!!!
And yan, thank youuu, it's such a relief to know its not an outrageous looking outfit haha

Lisa Jay said...

you're so flawlessly talented, it's insane! x x x

♥ Cassandra (Backtofive) said...

AMazing outfit! Congrats that they like it! :D Have fun sewing for yourself now! :D


backtofive.blogspot.com
backtofive.blogspot.com
backtofive's twitter


xoxo backtofive

Eleanor said...

omg you are so talented! and WHERE IS THAT IPHONE CASE FROM?!!? i need it! :)
(love your blog btw!) xxxx
http://eleanorcos.blogspot.ie